Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter Bunnies, ANZACS and sad runner

hi kiddies.. how was your easter?? mine was great!  quiet but lovely.. did the easter bunny come to you? He cam to my house and left easter eggs everywhere

i was a very lucky girl :) i didnt eat them all at once but i definately could have! So now if anyone wants to share my chocolate with me they are more than welcome..
between the my 3 brothers and i we always have easter eggs coming out of our ears!!!
And in case you were wondering if we are too old for easter hunts and easter bunnies...i dont  think so! Im only 22 :) my brothers are 21 and my little brother is 18..and the easter bunny still comes every easter..if he doesnt come to your house just have a word with his superior..becuase he is supposed to come to every good girls and boys!
                                          
lol..im sure if my bunnies could talk they would be saying this..

anyway..today is another day and just so happens to be ANZAC day here in Australia. Anzac Day is a national day of remembrance in Australia and New Zealand, and is commemorated by both countries on 25 April every year to honor members of the Australian and New Zealand Army Corps (ANZAC) who fought at Gallipoli in Turkey during World War I. It now more broadly commemorates all those who died and served other military operations.
this year my lovely friend Mel and her children and i went to the dawn service, i had never been before so i thought it would be a great opportunity. We left at 4.30am, i have never woken up that early for anything, but it was definately worth it.

My back is still as sore as anything so i have been taking it easy with the whole exercise this week..it seems like forever since i have been able to do my normal workout thing and im starting to feel like this:
I NEED TO RUN ASAP OR I WILL GO CRAZY...not pretty  pray for my back to get better please
as well as praying, resting and hoping ive been doing walking, yoga and cycling, i also bought some bathers so i can swim..(eh id rather not) what i miss are step classes, running kms at a time, getting all sweaty at the gym ...ya know all the good stuff!
anyway off to see the doc, physio and pod asap so ill keep you all posted..

on other news im still in the process of having an exciting opportunity to play within the Lululemon company :) but at the moment its top secret..sorry friends, i will also keep you posted!

readers questions..

tell me about your easter, did the easter bunny come?
ever delt with a running or a back injury? how did you survive without getting all down?

2 comments:

  1. I'm 23 and this was my first year without a basket or an Easter egg hunt...so sad!
    I've been a few days without running and I'm dying! Mix it up with all the yoga and cycling (and maybe swimming!)
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i agree with vanessa, try some yoga or pilates, swimming, some light weight training even. i've had two bruised disc's and have to nurture my back now - its all about core strength and stretching! good luck!

    ReplyDelete